sábado, 28 de noviembre de 2015

New Book, New Learnings

Sumary of this week´s chapters

This new book is about real life teenage girl problems told by themselves. This week I read about girls that no longer want to be friends with one girl. The first case was a girl who didn't want to be friends with another girl called Maya because she was mean to her. The girl stopped being friends with Maya and then was happy, but Maya wasn't so she changed of school. The other example was when there was this girl named Mara and she copied her friends so they liked her. Her friends got so tired of her copying them so they got her out of their group. At first they thought it was a relief but later they realized they needed someone to copy them and they missed her but they already lost her. Another story was when this girl had a dylsexia problem and their friends were very popular. At the beggining they didn't mind but later everyone knew that this girl had dyslexia so they thought that ruin their reputation so they stopped being frineds with her. There are a lot of stories like this on my book told by many different teenage girls from different ages. At the end the author tells the reader like a lesson and how to act towards this problems.
When I hear this bullying stories i am like this...

Important quotes

"If people don't like you for who you are, then don't bother being their friend." (Simmons 62).
I think this is one important lesson the author is trying to teach us. I also agreee that this is true and I like how Rachel Simmons shows us this message through this stories. I also think this quote supports all this week's chapters have been about.
"Girls get quiet because they're afraid to say what they really think" (Simmons 48).
I think this is a great advice the author is giving us. As I said before, the author always gives us like a lesson and this really makes u think deeply about each topic. I agree with this because I can make connections to lots of my friends that are act this way.

Final thoughts

I really enjoyed this book since it is teenage real life problems. I can make connections to some of the feelings and problems this girls have. I really like to hear this stories and see how they act towards their problems. I am super excited to keep reading the book. I hope the book keeps being as good as it is right now.

This week's meme

Me everytime I read the author's leson 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario